Thinkpad 770Z Cover and X

Rob Mayoff linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:49:43 -0500 (CDT)

|     I have a TP 770Z with Redhat 6.0 and Bill Mair's terrific X
| server. The problem I have is that when I am running X and close the
| TP's cover, X goes away (or something). I seem to recall some mail
| regarding this but have not found (re-found) it. Any help would be
| much appreciated.

My solution is to use "apm --suspend" before closing the lid. After the
TP goes to sleep I can close the lid. When I reopen it, the X server
comes right back.

I use KDE, so I put a button on my panel to run the command.

You can also just press Fn-F4 to suspend if you are on battery power.
(If you're on wall power then Fn-F4 just turns off the display.)