sound on the 770z

Paul Phillips linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 4 May 1999 03:44:23 +0000 (GMT)

After many hours of devotion to this subject, all I can get is 8 bit
soundblaster going from the built in 2.2.7 kernel modules.  This is OK
for .au files but quite lacks for mp3s.  I see web pages that claim to
have ALSA working on the 770x, but attempting to emulate or apply some
variation thereof is not working for me.

Would anyone who has accomplished ALSA on the CS4236 (which I *think* is
the chip in this thing) like to share all their relevant configuration
information? I'd have given up by now and gone OSS if I didn't have this
flicker of evidence that ALSA should be workable.  I'd share the sordid
details of my failures but this might be quicker if there is someone out
there who can just "lead by example" as it were.

Thanks,

--
Paul Phillips      | Wacky calculator fun for kids: enter your current
Neuron Pyro        | age.  Now add 1.  The result is the age you will be