New X server??? was Re: TrueType Libs

Andrew S. Townley linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 04 May 1999 21:51:43 +0000

Bill,

Is this server available for the masses yet?  I'd really like to be able
to run vmware in full-screen mode because it seems a tad sluggish with
your original X server in a window.  The TTF stuff would be cool, but
not required for me.

I know, I know... I could just build the thing myself :), but I haven't
ever built the X server from scratch under linux and I don't have the
time right now to experiment.

Any info would be great.

Thanks,

ast