test and a note on XF86Config

Bill Mair linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 10 May 1999 09:34:57 +0200

John,

> First off, am I now on the mailing list?  We'll see.

Yes.

> I just installed RedHat6.0 on my thinkpad and it works fine
> so far.  Now trying to install sound support.  One thing
> that had me stumped for a while was weird characters
> on the keyboard under X but not on a text screen.  This
> was because the XF86Config from Bill Mair has a german
> keyboard as the default.  Not trying to be US-o-centric
> or anything, just a small gotcha I thought I'd pass on.

I quoute the following from my XF86Config:

#
# I have a german keyboard so this may have to be adapted
# for your system.
#

Seeing as my file set has been downloaded from everywhere
between California <USA ;-) > and Tokio I had to setup some
kind of keyboard, so I left it as it is on my system.

> Thanks for the XFree86 Bill, it works great!

Glad to hear it.

Bill.