test and a note on XF86Config

Bill Mair linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 10 May 1999 19:56:57 +0200

Mark Kennedy wrote:

> [ULTRA SNIP]

Guys & Gals.. Please go easy with the quoutes, I don't want
to fill up my server just with repeats.

> ps - what is the reason for hand-specifying one meg less
> than the maximum for a thinkpad?  or is this just superstition?

For some reason the BIOS doesn't report the amount of useable RAM
correctly. Although I have had one person report that their system
doesn't
need the RAM append (another BIOS version ?).

> pps - thanks to everyone (bill mair in particular) for providing
> such helpful info (and software).  so far, the hardest part about
> putting linux on my TP has been pulling the win98/winNT sticker
> off the lower left corner :-).

Thanks.
Gosh, you removed that sticker too :-)).

Bill.