What flavour is my 770?

Boris Bathow linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 11 May 1999 08:05:01 -0400

Robert,

if you create a profile @ http://www.pc.ibm.com/support, you will find out!

Cheers
Boris

-----Original Message-----
From: ratkins@osix.com.au [mailto:ratkins@osix.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 1999 3:06 AM
To: linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com
Subject: What flavour is my 770?

Hi guys and gals,

Yesterday I installed RedHat 6.0 on my Thinkpad. It installed without any
problems, but I haven't had time to do any configuration on it yet.

What I'd like to know is what sort of 770 I have exactly and if the
XFree86 patch will work on it. On the bottom of my machine it says the
type is a 9549-1AA. I have the DVD-ROM drive and I can play DVD movies.
I've only got 2Mb of video RAM I think (how can I confirm, it doesn't say
in the Windows 95 Device Manager?) and the 1024x768 14.1" display.

What I want to know is this: can I get X running (fast) under Linux in 16
bit at 1024x768? If so, is it just a matter of installing the patch on
the web page and re-compiling XF86?

Cheers, and thanks for any help you can give me...
--
/**
 * @author Robert Atkins, ratkins@osix.com.au, www.osix.com.au/~ratkins