Caldera 2.2

Michael B. Sayer linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 19 May 1999 14:15:06 +0530

I've just a copy of Caldera Open Linux 2.2 installation cd...... Went
through the installation fine including the boot magic stuff.

Problem:  When Linux boots all seems to be OK down to loading "KDE - wait"
I then get a black screen and two lines of messages

INIT: Switching to runlevel:3
INIT: Sending Processes the TERM signal.

Then it just sits there and does absolutely nothing...........  no command
prompt.... Nothing...

Ctrl-Alt-Bksp does nothing, but Ctrl-Alt-Del sets off a close down procedure
starting with:

INIT: Switching to runlevel:6

As you might have guessed I'm very new to this so any help will be
gratefully received.  My config is:

TP770X
196 meg of RAM
300 PII

If I need to give any more info do let me know...

Thanks,

Michael

Michael Brennan
Head of Operations, NTV(India)