770Z Pbs Big hard drive

Olivier Croissant linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 19 May 1999 08:54:51 -0400

Ok here is a complete description of the install

-On a thinkpad 770Z with 256 Meg of ram,I install 98 on a 2 GiG partibion
and NT on the next
1 GiG partion then I reserved a 1 GiG space for linux boot and icreated a 2
GiG partion
in which I Put the RedHat 6.0
-Then I created a linux boot disk under NT using rawwrite
And I boot linux from this floppy
when it boot I specifie : linux hda 27390,16,63
It seems to accept it
and continue the setup process.

I specifie a workstation install (simpler) and ask for the exact directory
in which
to put the install .
It is where the weird thing begin:

 It did not ask for the partition, I can not see the field
in which normally I input the partition, I just see the directory.
Then the setup fall in error telling me that it cannot read the partition
table
exit

Olivier