[ltp] What if I don't like it?

Campo Weijerman linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 01 Nov 1999 12:09:12 +0100

Alex Bell wrote:

> I want to run BootOS2 on C, OS/2 on D, Apps and data on E, a buffer FAT
> sharable partion on F, and Linux on the rest.  And I want to be able to
> select the bootable partitions from Boot Manager rather than LILO.  Can
> you tell me how this is done please?

If you have OS/2 bootmanager there's no need to change. I have used it for
some time (about a year maybe) to boot into either OS/2, Win95, WinNT, or
linux. The trick is to install LILO in the linux root partition, not the
master boot record or anything like that. Of course you also need to add the
linux root partition to the OS/2 boot manager menu.

> How did you determine your monitor's characteristics when you
> configured XWindow?

Take it easy, one step at a time is enough... First install linux and make
sure you can boot it. Then, if you feel comfortable enough with the new
setup, start looking into the more advanced things. Linux without X cannot
harm your monitor, so there's no need to worry about that right now.

Success, Campo
--
Campo Weijerman <campo@raleigh.ibm.com>