[ltp]Netscape shuts down when Java starts

Michael Cameron linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 01 Nov 1999 15:15:18 +0000

Mikael.Hulten@mdkonsult.com wrote:

> This is a known problem and the solution is availible on Redhats homepage.
> If I remember it has something to do with the 75dpi fonts... Strange...

I have the scaled 75 dpi fonts defined correctly but still have some
problems which I have never got around to investigating very deeply.
The symptoms are exactly as described, some (nowhere near all) Java
enabled pages cause Netscape to drop dead.  I will try and find one of
these pages, see if it still happens, try the site with a different
browser/OS and see if I can find out what it is trying to do with Java.

It isn't bugging me much so its not at the top of my list but if I find
anything worth reporting I will.

Michael
--
Synteks Computing Limited                Tel: +44 (0)1563 822370
Broompark, Clockston Road                Fax: +44 (0)1563 822611