[ltp] Thinkpad 600 w/ docking station hangs on boot

Leif Jonsson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 04 Nov 1999 07:43:17 +0100

jon.hamlin wrote:
> I've installed Mandrake 6.1 (also tried Redhad 6.1 with the same
> results).  When I installed it, the laptop was not in its docking
> station (we use the big, ugly black docking stations).

=)

> If I put the
> laptop into the docking station and power it up, it will start to boot
> and then will hang.

Strange, can you figure out where it hangs?

> Has anyone else had problems with docking stations?  Could it be
> something in the Thinkpad's configuration (should I get the PS2
> utility)?

I have never had any problems (including suspending) when the machine is
docked. But on the other hand, I have probably always installed with the
machine docked... not sure though.

Cheers
-Leif

Btw. I use RH6.1 on a TP600.

--
Leif Jonsson, ERA/T/KA       mailto:Leif.von.Jonsson@era-t.ericsson.se
Ericsson Radio Systems       phoneto:+46(0)84047215