[ltp] basic "Linux partition creation" question

Michael Eyrich linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 08:31:48 +0100 (CET)

I didn't have any problem installing via ftp on my tp755cx. However, if
you need to run fdisk manually, you can create a device file with

> mknod hda b 3 0
and call fdisk with
> fdisk hda
(This is the same, which is normally under /dev) Then you can edit as much
as you want ...

I do not remember, which distribution you are going to install but it
looks like a redhat installation. If you are selecting a custom
installation you should be able to call fdisk from within the install
script.

It should'nt be necessary to use a DOS tool, really.

 Michael

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, Vasanth Rakasi wrote:

|During installation, I am able to get to "bash#"
|propmt (by pressing Alt-F2). At this prompt, when I
|run "fdisk", I get the usage help of fdisk.
|
|I tried "fdisk /dev/hda", "fdisk /dev/sda" and "fdisk
|/dev/eda" only to see "Unable to open /dev/hda",
|"Unable to open /dev/sda", etc.

[...]

--
Michael Eyrich                                        PRZ,  TU-Berlin
michey@prz.tu-berlin.de                               meyrich@acm.org