[ltp] X core dumps on 770X

Mitch Bogdanowicz linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 21:45:04 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01BF270D.DB28B740

Hi,
  I am new to linux on the thinkpad 770X.  I am running X windows and after
I want to quit, log off and halt, the log off button does not respond.
However in a terminal I can "shutdown -h now" and stop. The next time I
startx it takes a long time to come up and then I find a  core dump in the
current directory. When I stop, it goes back to the main command line
display shortly before the shutdown and I see some error message about a MIT
MAGIC COOKIE authorization error. Does anyone know what I am encountering?
Am I doing something wrong or have a setting wrong?   Thanks in advance
Mitch

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01BF270D.DB28B740

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2614.3500" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D650083702-05111999>Hi,</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN class=3D650083702-05111999>&nbsp; =
I am new to=20
linux on the thinkpad 770X.&nbsp; I am running X windows and after I =
want to=20
quit, log off and halt, the log off button does not respond. However in =
a=20
terminal I can "shutdown -h now" and stop. The next time I startx it =
takes a=20
long time to come up and then I find a&nbsp; core dump in the current =
directory.=20
When I stop, it goes back to the main command line display shortly =
before the=20
shutdown and I see some error message about a MIT MAGIC COOKIE =
authorization=20
error. Does anyone know what I am encountering? Am I doing something =
wrong or=20
have a setting wrong?&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks in advance&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
Mitch</SPAN></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01BF270D.DB28B740--