[ltp] Linux ISO image.

Grubbs, Dan linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 14:21:11 -0600

I downloaded the ISO image for Mandrake 6.1.  The XServer, probe and everything worked great with no additional tweaking or patching at all on a 770X with XGA screen.  As the software was installing, it had indicated XFree86 version 3.3.5.

Big improvement since the last time I tried installing Linux right out of the box.

Thanks Bill!

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Mair [mailto:bill.mair@bm-soft.com]
Sent: Monday, November 01, 1999 11:02 AM
To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Subject: Re: [ltp] Linux ISO image.

Dan Grubbs wrote:

> Where is a good place to download a complete ISO image of Linux that has Bill's fixes included to create a CD?  I've seen them before, but where is the best place and the most current place?

AFAIK any distribution with a 3.3.4 XFree86 or above should also have the patches for the 770X/Z included.

XFree86.org (http://www.XFree86.org/) always has the most current drivers.

If you mean the most current distribution then every distributor releases their versions when they feel like it, so you will have to check out the web site of your distribution of choice.

Bill.