[ltp] RedHat 6.1 via FTP (fwd)

Chris Schumann linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 16:34:28 -0600 (CST)

Well, it looks like there's a problem installing RHL6.1 via FTP using
Microsoft's Peer Web Services. HTTP seems to work just fine.

The packages should be done installing in a couple hours (this is half as
fast as 5.2) and we'll see if it gets X working. I'd be happy with
640x480x16 since this is a monochrome screen.

Anyone got a pen driver for my 750P under linux? :D

Chris Schumann <whizkid@dwave.net>

"Wait a minute, Joe. If what you're saying is true,
then I still don't care." - Dave Nelson, News Radio

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 15:58:56 -0600 (CST)
From: Chris Schumann <whizkid@dwave.net>
To: "'linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com'" <linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com>
Subject: RedHat 6.1 via FTP

Anyone else having trouble installing Red Hat 6.1 over FTP? I'm trying to
get it going on my 750P using an IBM Home & Away Modem/NIC. 6.0 worked
great, but 6.1 is flaky. There appears to be some dependency problem.

I'd be very appreciative to any kind soul willing to help. Of course, I
could try WWW support I suppose, but this group is usually a bit more
helpful.