[ltp] poor res w/ netscape

scott lockhart linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 07 Nov 1999 10:25:54 +0000

hi folks,

just installed redhat6.1 on my 600e, selecting the detected NeoMagic
chipset w/ 1024x768 LCD display option.  x looks great w/ gnome, however
any graphics under netscape 4.61 are very grainy.  checked my font paths
and all seem okay.

looked fine when configured with SaX under SuSE 6.1 (2.2.12), so i'm
sure it's just a configuration tweaking required.

thought i'd check with you to see if this is a common default issue.

ps.  still playing with sound and will likely recompile to 2.2.13 and
tune the necessary module settings soon!

thanks,

scott