[ltp] Incorrect CPU MHz in cpuinfo on TP600e

jez miller linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 08 Nov 1999 16:31:26 -0800

This could be a result of the BIOS settings for power management set by
the thinkpad utilites. I have a dual boot 770Z, and when I used the
thinkpad config in the Win boot to turn auto powermanagement off,
cpuinfo told me that I did in fact have a 366Mhz chip and not the 96Mhz
it thought was present with power management on.

David Kent wrote:

> I recently installed Red Hat 6.1 on my 400MHz tp600e and have noticed that
> /proc/cpuinfo lists the CPU as only being 100Mhz. Any thoughts on this?
>
> Thanks,
> David

jez miller: code jockey
503.943.3271 desk