[ltp] TP560/Linux/Wheelmouse?? Anyone??

Esmail Bonakdarian linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 22:16:27 -0600 (CST)

Greetings.

Has anyone been able to get a wheelmouse to work with a TP under
Linux?

Specifically, XFree 3.3.3.1, Kernel 2.2.5, TP 560x and MS
intelli/wheel mouse.

Once I disabled the trackpoint with the help of the Win TP config
program I got this to work under Win 95 (after I loaded the necessary
drivers).

Under linux, the moment I get into X, my mouse just wants to be in the
top right corner and none of the mouse buttons seem to do anything
much. I can try to move the mouse pointer to the center .. but it
zooms back up to the top right. I end up Cntrl-Alt-Backspace to get
out of X.

This is what I have in my XF86Config.

Section "Pointer"
    Device      "/dev/psaux"
#   Emulate3Buttons
#   Emulate3Timeout    50
#   Protocol    "PS/2"
    ZAxisMapping 4 5
    Protocol    "imps/2"
    Buttons         3
EndSection

By the way, I was able to get this mouse to work fine on my desktop
using the instructions found at:

http://www.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/

I pretty much used the same setup for the TP, but no go.

Esmail
----
Esmail Bonakdarian  -  esmail@uiowa.edu  -  http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~bonak