[ltp] Alternative Operating System ?

billy ball linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 18:11:20 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Michael Cameron wrote:

> Why not vmware and use Linux and Windows without reboot?
> I would think that the TP is one of the few laptops around that you
> would even want to consider doing that on.
> As for the rest I tend to agree "WTF" are you talking about?
> Finally, it amy not be too long before we get DVD anyway, see
> http://www.emediapro.net/news99/news111.html for more.
>
> MC
>
> A Kumar wrote:
> > > Linux is too "passive".

hmmm... interesting observation, muddled in translation?

> > > I use Windows on my ThinkPad as a coercive
> > > convenience.

i too, was 'coerced' into using Windows - until i refused and told my
publisher to 'pound sand.'

> > > Of course I would not consider anymore any IBM
> > > portable if IBM
> > > continues the M$ "marriage". However it's sad to think
> > > the IBM is a fish and
> > > not the Ocean like M$. I guess the marriage is merely
> > > for convenience.

1) all major manufacturers, such as Dell, IBM, and Compaq, are M$
bootlicks... they *have* to play ball/get in bed with the Devil (for
now)...

2) i don't swim in that 'ocean,' and stepped off the Devil's highway long
ago... i now use Linux 24/7 on at least seven 'puters on a small
network...

3) IBM makes good laptops... i use a very good two-part putty epoxy, then
seal up the winmodem ports on my stinkpads (they're 100% depreciable in
the first year of use, i'll use 'em till they die, and then NO ONE will be
able to use the winmodems/mwave/whateverpieceofcrapyouwanttocallthem)...

4) the unused Win CD-ROMs i collect make interesting sculpture when put
into the micro for one minute on high...

have fun swimming!

join the jihad! use the source! just say "No" to Windoze!

:-)

regards,

billy ball