[ltp] Bootmanager and Linux

Alex Bell linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 21:32:15 +0000

I am groping slowly and fearfully towards installing Linux on my
Thinkpad 385XD. I have deleted Window98 and have used Partition Magic
to move my BootoOS2, OS/2, and apps/data partions to the left.  I now
have about 1,055Mb freespace at the end of the hard drive on to which I
will install Linux tomorrow.

I want to continue to use the OS/2 BootManager.  When and how can I add
the Linux root partition to the BootManager menu?

Should I create a partion using OS/2 FDisk and then delete it to make
it free space again? Will OS/2 recognise the Linux partition if I
don't?

For what it is worth I am developing a website to record my
experiences, and perhaps to help others in my situation.  The URL is

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Frontier/4730/linux/lihome.html