[ltp] Can't configure Caldera

Robert Farney linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 22:04:38 -0600

Alex,

   Hit "CTRL-ALT-F2" at the same time.  If you want to go back to Xwindows
hit "ALT-F7"  also CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE works too....... Good Luck........

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Bell [mailto:afjbell@onlink.net]
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 1999 3:54 PM
To: Linux Thinkpad List
Subject: [ltp] Can't configure Caldera

I have just installed Caldera OpenLinux (from the SAMS book) on my TP
385XD, and now want to do the tasks in Hour 3 Post Installation Issues.

But when I boot Linux I am taken immediately into the KDE screen.  So
far as I know I need to be at a command line prompt to configure
xf86config.  The book shows the command to be

# xf86config.

This may well be a silly question, but if I don't ask I won't find out.
 How do I get to the command line from KDE?