[ltp] Alternative Operating System ?

EfficientAndSimple Man linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 05:19:05 -0800 (PST)

On Friday, November 12, 1999, 9:58:20 PM, M Cameron
wrote:
MC> Why not vmware and use Linux and Windows without
reboot?

Some question arise:
Which OS would you use as a host?
If using Linux as a host (for stability) then can you
connect with ACP modem through Windows? Access DVD?
USB? Can you suspend easily without problems?

MC> I would think that the TP is one of the few
laptops around that you
MC> would even want to consider doing that on.

Ok. On the other hand Linux works on few laptops.

MC> As for the rest I tend to agree "WTF" are you
talking about?

Linux necessarily asks you to struggle to configure it
unless you are a ThinkPad&Linux very expert.

MC> Finally, it amy not be too long before we get DVD
anyway, see
MC> http://www.emediapro.net/news99/news111.html for
more.

That's good!