[ltp] ...first lifesigns of my internal modem

Georg C. F. Greve linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
16 Nov 1999 17:30:31 +0100

[1  <text/plain; ISO-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]
Hi Everyone!

I thought this may be interesting for others, too: I got the first
lifesigns out of my internal Thinkpad modem.

I got an IBM Thinkpad i1428 (P300MMX, 64MB) with an internal LT Win
Modem and the driver I tried can be found at

  http://www.suse.cz/development/ltmodem/

The driver doesn´t work as is because it relies on a PCI modem and the
one in my Thinkpad is a ISAPNP one (check out pnpdump to see whether
you see your modem there). This meant I had to kill the PCI code and
*crudely* insert IRQ & IObase information by hand.

After doing that (and tracking down a segfault) I was able to
initialize the modem and get it to dial tone and pulse. Well. This may
not be much but I found it very exiting to get first lifesigns out of
my modem and thought you may be interested in this.

Anyone who´s already working on modem support for Thinkpads or wants
to get working on it should probably contact Pavel...

Regards,
		Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve <greve@gnu.org>
"Brave GNU World", the monthly GNU forum