[ltp] What about Apple? [was Alternative operating system]

Michael Cameron linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 19:19:41 +0000

Jake Holmen wrote:

> OK - here's my two cents.  : )
>
> I beleive Microsoft has had a fair bit of a head start over Linux in a
> couple of areas.
> 1) - there were only 2 GUI OS's around when Windows started coming out

<snip>

You would be hard pressed to back up your claims on that so please find
enclosed your $0.02

For a very interesting and entertaining look at Linux its
origins/growth/history/alternatives have a look at
http://www.io.com/~mccoy/beginning_print.html

It sure beats trolls and flames thats for sure...

MC
--
Synteks Computing Limited                Tel: +44 (0)1563 822370
Broompark, Clockston Road                Fax: +44 (0)1563 822611