[ltp] Alternative Operating System ?

Les Bell linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 22:11:06 +1100

A Kumar wrote:

>> PCCard support has been around for a while buddy. <<

Too true; and fwiw I find the PCMCIA support in Linux far superior to that
in Windows NT. I have a TP 600E with a Xircom 33.6K modem/Ethernet combo
card. NT is unable to enter sleep mode or resume from suspend mode with
that card inserted, while Linux (Caldera OpenLinux 2.3 with the latest
pcmcia-cs modules) is able to do both these things plus eject/insert the
card as required.

While NT has its good points (i.e. it makes a good boot loader for the
Lotus Notes client), the more I learn about Linux, the more elegant it
seems.

Best,

--- Les [http://www.lesbell.com.au]