[ltp] Sound with 770z and RH6.1

Book Man linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 20:47:07 -0800 (PST)

I recently took a leap of faith and blew away my RH6.0
which I upgraded to 6.1 and did a complete reinstall
to find any gotchas before recommending to others
RH6.1

It took me 8 tries before I got RH6.1 to install.
Drive kept getting corrupted for some reasone.
Parameters were set.  Kept going back to DOS and using
PQMagic to blow away partitions.

Now I am trying to get soundsndconfig.  Suddenly I
cannot configure my card which worked with no problem
in the prior version.  Sndconfig says I have Cirrus
Logic|CS 4610/11 [CrystalClear SoundFusion Audio
Accelerator].   The Cirrus Logic|CS 4610/11
[CrystalClear SoundFusion Audio Accelerator] is not
supported currently; however, the ALSA project
(http://www.alsa-project.org/) has a driver for this
card.

What gives?  I am having the hardest time doing the
ALSA config.  Can anyone help me?  Ohh how I long to
hear more than the spinning of disks. 8-)

TIA
bookman1906@yahoo.com