[ltp] External monitor/KDE/Gnome

Sun, 21 Nov 1999 19:21:56 -0700

Alex,

I have a 770Z (w/ 4 meg video mem) and can get the KDE Xwindows to show up
on the LCD and external screen at the same time.  BUT, if I close the lid
or start the xwindows (KDE) while the lid is closed, neither will work
without stopping and restarting the server after opening the lid...
Strange, maybe I should implement the external_disp or internal_disp
options.

I can get the LCD on the TP to come up fine alone (when not connected to an
external monitor).  I am running RH 6.1 with the XFre86 server that came
with it (3.3.5 ? I think?).

If this helps let me know, and I can send you the XConfig file.

Thanks,
Christopher

"Alex Bell" <afjbell@onlink.net> on 11/21/99 09:56:39 AM

Please respond to linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com