[ltp] 128mb for 770

Paul Kotyk linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:26:36 -0500

If memory serves (pun intended), Compaq tried to buy Micron (the company)
last year. They were rebuffed. The latest announcement is that Micron is
Compaq's memory supplier of choice. It must be pretty good. BTW any non IBM
memory voids the warranty, this is according to tech support. Wish I had
known this before buying Kingston.

Regards, Paul

Paul Kotyk
Nornet System Integrators
mailto:nornet@interlog.com
416 730 0908 (tel.)
416 730 0208 (fax)

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Schumann [mailto:whizkid@dwave.net]
Sent: Monday, November 22, 1999 9:04 PM
To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Cc: linux-thinkpad@bm-soft.com
Subject: RE: [ltp] 128mb for 770

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, RayG wrote:

> crucial.com is showing it for just under $200! anyone using micron memory?

I have a Micron desktop, which uses Crucial memory of course. I found
their sales staff to be very helpful, and their memory (and computers) to
be of top quality. Of course, their web site still doesn't catch IBM, but
how much support do you need for memory?

Chris Schumann <whizkid@dwave.net>

"Wait a minute, Joe. If what you're saying is true,
then I still don't care." - Dave Nelson, News Radio