[ltp] i1460

George Staikos linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 11:33:31 -0500 (EST)

Well I didn't get any response about the new i1400's, but I went ahead and
bought and i1460 and I got RedHat 6.0 booted up on it no problem, except
for sound and video (I'm sure that's a common problem :) ).  Even PCMCIA
worked fine right away.  I installed ALSA and it picked up the ESS SOLO
fine, and I used the frame buffer with the SVGA server to get the Rage
Mobility M display working at 1024x768x65535.  APM seems to work fine too.
Does anyone know if there is a way to get an accelerated driver working
for this video chipset?  It has S-Video out as well and I'd really like to
get that up and running.  Also what needs to be done to operate an
external monitor(Perhaps even dual monitors... do I need to wait for
Xf86 4.0?)? I haven't tried playing with either of those things yet.

 George Staikos | staikos@0wned.org | root@0wned.org
When you dream, there are no rules.
People can fly.  Anything can happen.
Sometimes there's a moment as you're waking and you become aware of the real
  world around you.
But you're still dreaming.
You may think you can fly, but you better not try.