[ltp] Can't get Modem/serial working...

Jake Holmen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 07:40:26 AZT

I've tried to send this three times??
Anyway - here's the deal.

I can't get my modem / serial working again.  I was using kppp under KDE and
it hung, so I CTRL - ALT - BACKSPACE to kill X server.

Then next time I rebooted I got this:

Nov 18 19:04:35 localhost kernel: register_serial(): autoconfig failed
Nov 18 19:04:35 localhost kernel: serial_cs: register_serial() at 0x03f8,
irq3 failed

I get that every time I boot up now, and I don't know what to do to fix it.
  I tried insmod serial - but that didn't work.

Can someone help?  (please don't tell me I have to recompile my kernel.
I'll cry.)