[ltp] Sound with 770z and RH6.1

scott lockhart linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 01:02:52 +0000

Hi Book Man,

not sure how far you arrived with this, but i ended up bipassing the
sndconfig utility for the same reason and manually compiling the
following OSS module options:

CONFIG_SOUND=m
CONFIG_SOUND_OSS=m
CONFIG_SOUND_ADLIB=m
CONFIG_SOUND_MPU401=m
CONFIG_SOUND_CS4232=m
CONFIG_SOUND_OPL3SA2=m
CONFIG_SOUND_OPL3SA1=m
CONFIG_SOUND_SOFTOSS=m
CONFIG_SOUND_YM3812=m
CONFIG_SOUND_UART6850=m

then, created a line in my /etc/conf.modules containing the following:

options cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9

and finally added the following to my /etc/rc.d/rc.local to ensure an
automated start:

/sbin/modprobe cs4232

hope this helps...

cheers!