[ltp] Can't get Modem/serial working...

Howard Marsh linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 16:31:43 -0900

When you did the re-install did you reformat the disk? or just overlay the
data/programs?

A reformat & reinstall is sure to fix your problem.

good luck

-----Original Message-----
From: Jake Holmen [mailto:chickendude@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 25, 1999 3:17 PM
To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Subject: Re: [ltp] Can't get Modem/serial working...

Darn.  Since no one's listening to me, I guess I'll have to help myself : )

It appears that even when I re-installed the RH from the RH disk (not a
happy task)   I got the SAME ERROR.

For some unknown reason, my serial_cs module no longer works.   And because
pcmcia_core is linked to it, that doesn't work either, and I can't open the
modem in kppp.

BUMMER> I don't know what to do.  Is there some sort of config for the
serial that can autoprobe it and fix itself?   (wildly hoping)
sigh.

J.