[ltp] Urgent - My TP600 cannot wake up

William Wong linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 08:13:02 +0800 (HKT)

My tp600 runs Linux slackware only and do not have a hibernation partition
(actually I just become aware of hibernation partition from the mailing
list)

What happened was that I shutdown Linux but not turning off the machine
and try to let the battery to discharge completely.

I noticed the battery indicator turns from Amber to flashing amber and
then to green and then to nothing.

and now when I charge the battery again.  I cannot boot the machine up.

Battery indicator is Amber
The leftmost of the 5 indicator is amber and the right most is green.

Flipping the power switch has no response at all.  The CPU fan is turning
slowing and the machine is a little bit warm.

Kindly please offer me some hints to recover machine, thx.

/ww