[ltp] TP 770Z and palm-pilot

Fabrice Bellet linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 10:01:35 +0100

Hello there,

I tried to make my palm communicate with my laptop, and
it seems to work, but few details are confusing me.

I first changed the resources allocations with PS2.exe
on a dos disk. Something like

       ps2 sera address 1
       ps2 ir address 2
       ps2 sera enable
       ps2 ir enable

At the next boot time, the kernel successfully recognised
both serial ports :

ttyS00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
ttyS01 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A

The output of tpctl is he following :

[root@creatis-pp3 bellet]# tpctl --rs1 --rs2
resource state:                                       current
   serial port 1:                                     enable  COM1 0x2f8 IRQ3
   serial port 2:                                     enable  COM2 0x3f8 IRQ4

Here, we first can notice that resource allocation is swapped between
the kernel msgs and the tpctl output (ttyS0 is supposed to map COM1
and ttyS1 is COM2, exact ?)

Anyway, to get the rear 9pins serial port (where my palm is plugged)
recognized, I needed to run a setsrial autoconfig command :

# setserial /dev/ttyS1 auto_irq autoconfig
# setserial /dev/ttyS1
/dev/ttyS1, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x02f8, IRQ: 0

The irq changed from irq 3 to irq 0.

With this configuration, the pilot is working fine. I'm using
pilot-link from a redhat-6.1. 'pilot-xfer /dev/ttyS1 -l' provides
me the correct list a installed software on my palm.

The next stage will be to configure the IRda stuff :-)

Fabrice