[ltp] TP 380ED - Suse 6.3 - apm

Thomas Wimmer linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 14:44:45 +0100

Ralf Schandl wrote:

> Hello,

Hi

> I just installed Suse 6.3 over the weekend and have some problems
> with apm and hibernation (I saw the same problems with Suse 6.2):
>
> 1) I can only hibernate if the TP is on battery power. It doesn't
>    work if it's AC-powered.

you can hibernate if you do have a pcmcia(-network) card OR the
AC-adapter installed, but not if you have BOTH at the same time.

> 2) If I return from hibernation I can't hibernate again. I checked
>    /proc/apm and it doesn't reflect any changes. It always reports
>    AC offline, even after I reconnected the AC power.

hmm, thats strange. I don't have this behaviour.

> I used following settings for the kernel:
> CONFIG_APM=y
> # CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
> CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
> CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
> CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=y
> CONFIG_APM_POWER_OFF=y
> CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_MULTIPLE_SUSPEND=y
> # CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_SUSPEND_BOUNCE is not set
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
this one is set on my kernel

> # CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT is not set
> CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS=y
>
> Any ideas?
>
>         Ralf

Thomas
PS kannst du mir die deutsche "Netscape.ad" von communicator 4.7
schicken ?
--
Thomas Wimmer        |   When you're in a fight with an idiot,
thomas@wimmer.net    |   its difficult for other people