[ltp] TP i1500 (german)

Michael Herron linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 10:39:35 -0600 (CST)

Andreas Siegert writes:
 > Hi,
 > after I checked http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/linux-laptop/
 > I am slightly confused. I guess IBM is shipping a different i series laptops
 > in Germany compared to the US version.
 >
 > The one they offer here (IBM TP i1500 21567GE, 2621-567) has a ATI Rage
 > Mobility M, not the NeoMagic like the i14xx ones on the web page.
 >
 > Does anyone have any expierince with this beast? Linuxwise as well as
 > qualitywise compared to the 600 series.

Check out:

http://commerce.www.ibm.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/SalesNav?family=ThinkPad+i+Series+1400&cntry=840&lang=en_US

If necessary get there through www.ibm.com/thinkpad.

According to these pages the i1400 series uses (at least at present)
an ATI Rage Mobility M, not a NeoMagic chipset.  Last week the
following note was posted on the i1460.  (And it may apply to all
i1400 models.)