[ltp] TP770ED and RedHat 6.0

AGML (Hellix) linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 09:03:09 +0100

Hi,

I haven't installed Linux since version 0.99 (so quite a few years ago), but
decided to give it a try on my ThinkPad 770ED. I therefore installed RedHat
6.0 on it. Everything seems to be working ok so far, except for a few
things:

1) The sound card works, but I, from time to time, get some recurrent
noises. Any idea as why it occurs?
2) Whenever I start Linux, I get the following message: "Delaying Eth0
initialization.   [FAILED]". Any idea as why it occurs?
3) I found some settings to run X11 in 1024x768, 800x600 and 640x480, but
not in 1280x1024. Any idea as where to find some settings for this
resolution?

	Thanks in advance, Alan.