[ltp] Digi Camera

Friedemann Baitinger linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 16:32:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 3 Oct 1999, Curtis, Paul wrote:

> now that you have had this awhile,
> what is the good, the bad and the ugly,
>
> I am considering getting a digitial camera,
>
> did you have to get special software to download images
> to linux???

The best way is to buy a PCMCIA adapter for SmartMedia cards (assuming
that your camera supports these). The adapter should be in the order of
$50 to $70 and if you have your pcmcia-3.0.14 installed correctly, upon
insertion of the card, your Linux system should see just another IDE
drive, usually /dev/hdc.

--
Friedemann Baitinger       fb@baiti.net      http://baiti.net/fb

Turn in my handgun? Nah, just the ammo ... at 450 ft/sec.