[ltp] Is anyone running vmware successfully?

Mark Shacklette linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 15:06:43 +0000 ( )

Hi:

I'm running the latest vmware (beta prelease candidate 2 version 3.0.5) on top
of a 2.2.9 kernel and on gnome (core 1.0.9).

I am experiencing vmware crashes where vmware will completely come down, and
take the X server with it.  I wind up back at the gdm login screen.  This can
happen at any point, but it does seem to run "OK" for a while, and then wham.

I was wondering if anyone else is running vmware, and if it's highly successful
for you, if you could clue me in on your configuration.  I'm beginning to
suspect gnome.

Thanks,

Mark

My configuration:

TP770X 192M Ram
RH Linux 6.0 Kernel 2.2.9
gnome core 1.0.9
vmware 3.0.5 prerelease
XF86_SVGA (Bill Mair's version XFree86-3.3.3.1-tp770x-ttf.tar.gz)