[ltp] Digi Camera

Bill Mair linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 03 Oct 1999 18:32:42 +0200

"Curtis, Paul" wrote:

> now that you have had this awhile,
> what is the good, the bad and the ugly,

Generally very good, the only thing that bugs me is that I have to switch to
"view" mode to look at the pictures that you have just taken.

> I am considering getting a digitial camera, did you have to get special
> software to download images to linux???

You can download pictures using the supplied serial cable with gPhoto, I
reported the fact that the 750Z works with gPhoto but it hasn't been added to
their list (yet?).

As Friedemann has already pointed out, if your camera of choice uses Compact
FLASH as the storage medium then get a PCMCIA adapter, it appears as an AT
drive. The images are stored on the media as standard JPEGs.

Bill.