[ltp] Is anyone running vmware successfully?

Geert Janssen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 11:07:14 -0400

About VMware,

I have tried it on my 770Z (366 MHz Pentium II) and found it VERY slow!
I set it up such that it would use the physical drive where I have Windows95
to boot from. And it did after minutes... I agree it is funny to have a window
on X Windows with Win95 in it. To get VMware to use the full screen I used
their special display adapter that comes with the tools download.
I even had Win95 in VMware use the "virtual" ethernet connection to
communicate with Linux. It's really like having 2 machines in a single box.
But the speed, alas I said it before...slow...slow...

(By the way, I use[d] Fvwm95 as window manager.)

Geert