[ltp] superdisk ls-120 in 770Z - anybody got this working?

Frank Riha linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
05 Oct 1999 09:14:58 -0400

"Curtis, Paul" <Curtis@Executone.com> writes:

> I have the superdisk ultra bay LS-120
> drive for my 770Z (part number LSIBM2)
>
> is there drivers for that for linux???
>
> paul

I have the LS-120 ultra-bay running.  It works well.  The 2.2 kernels
support it, don't know about the 1.X kernels.  I believe all I needed
to turn on was the ATAPI floppy device support under "Block devices",
but it's been about 6 mo., I'm a little fuzzy on the details.  It
wasn't hard.  The LS-120 was detected during bootup:
 "hdh: LS-120 SLIM 02 UHD Floppy, ATAPI FLOPPY drive" My device showed
up as /dev/hdh in the docking station, but as hdg when used in the TP
ultra-bay.  Normal mounting procedures apply, and most utils work,
although I have seen a "Unknown partition table" message when using
automount.  I can also access as a 1.44M floppy by mounting the
/dev/fd0 device.

You may want to check deja.com to see if there are any more detailed
articles.

Frank