[ltp] Is anyone running vmware successfully?

Mark Shacklette linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 01:54:57 +0000 ( )

Thanks for all the kind and helpful comments.

I agree with Tom that the problem is probably the X server.  However, I got
down the 3.3.5 version from the vmware link to XF86_SVGA, and that is where I
seemed to have most of my problems.  Once I switched back to Bill Mair's
version, the crashing has substantially been reduced (but is still, alas,
present).

The problem is I teach, and I can't be in the midst of a demonstration
requiring the periodic use of Windows, and have my whole X system come crashing
down, that's disconcerting, disconbobulating, and alot of other dis....

I'll try 3.3.5 again, this time with the accel option turned on.

Tom:
 What version of vmware's Xserver are you running?  If it's not obvious, would
you have a link to the exact site where you got it?

thanks

Mark