[ltp] 128meg RAM

Joseph Yoon linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 06 Oct 1999 13:20:31 -0400

Does using non-IBM DIMMs void the 3-year warranty? Maybe that's why IBM's memory
costs twice as much.

Maxing out the memory to 320MB also means that you have a 64MB DIMM leftover (ie
one of the 128's replaces the 64 that came with the 770). If anyone has one,
perhaps they can donate it to a non-profit org that has a 770. I don't have one
myself as I have 256MB right now but I may have to install Windoze and Office
2000 sometime in the future.......  ;-)