[ltp] IBM thinkpad 600 and sound

Steven Aiello linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 12:12:15 -0500

Ok I recompiled kernel to load cs4232 support as a module.  I edited the
/etc/conf.modules as you specified and added those lines at the end.  When I
type modprobe sound i get :

modprobe: Invalid line 330 in /etc/conf.modules
        synthirq

when I comment out the synthirq line i get:

Using /lib/modules/2.2.10/misc/sound.o
/lib/modules/2.2.10/misc/sound.o: unresolved symbol sound_preinit_lowlevel_drivers
/lib/modules/2.2.10/misc/sound.o: unresolved symbol sound_unload_lowlevel_drivers
/lib/modules/2.2.10/misc/sound.o: unresolved symbol sound_init_lowlevel_drivers
/lib/modules/2.2.10/misc/uart401.o: pre-install sound failed
/lib/modules/2.2.10/misc/uart401.o: insmod sound failed

help... please