[ltp] newbie on list

Anthony de la Rosa linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 16:58:11 -0400

Hi everyone

I ran across this list while searching for info on getting cardbus to start
on my Thinkpad 600.  I have Caldera OpenLinux.  I had been agonizing for a
couple of weeks on whether to go with Redhat or COL.  Redhat's hardware
support list didnt really breed alot of confidence from the get go so I
thought I would give Caldera a try.  Well it works great really.  The PCMCIA
part I got working later on after buying a book.  Sams Linux in 24 hrs.  Got
it going after 10 minutes of reading the setting up linux section.

My problem is that I just downloaded Star Office 5 from www.sun.com and
after untar it I click on the setup icon and I keep getting a dialog box
saying that the executables will only install from a local disk.  I puzzled.
What does this mean?

anthony