[ltp] OT: misc. Thinkpad questions

Robert Monfera linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 17:10:00 -0400

OK, this is only slightly related to Linux - I need to use primarily
Linux, but also W98 on my next laptop.  After a lot of browsing, I found
this maillist the most lively, and hope someone can help me with some
questions:

- Has someone got experiences with the video capture feature (either
operating system)?  I plan to capture Hi8 tapes without loss of quality,
so I am shooting for about 25-30 fps @ 640x480, converted to MPEG (so
that it takes little space).

- Do you know about some upcoming Thinkpad 770 upgrade?  I suspect
something will happen, as they do not even offer 400MHz processors
(funny - even the TP 600 has them) or the 25GB HD's or 256MB memory
modules (even Dell has them) for the current model.

Is there a better forum to ask these questions?

Thanks very much,
Robert Monfera