[ltp] 6.1 mostly there but 2 issues

Ashish V. Thapliyal linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 14:08:31 -0400

Dear Brad,

Brad Langhorst wrote:

>     I 've installed RH 6.1 on my 770E without serious hangups.
> Im using the XFree86 that came with the install (3.3.5-3)
> which seems to recognize the Cyber9397 (not DVD)
>
> However  there are two rather annoying issues.
>
> I see screen flashing which is very annoying. (once every 1 - 10
> seconds)

I have a screen blinking problem on my 700E with Redhat 6.0 and Bill's
X server.
The puzzling part is that it only happens when I have a netscape
window on
screen, and the browser is at some fancy web page. I wonder if your
problem is
similar.

Thanks,
Ashish.

--
Ashish V. Thapliyal               email:ash@physics.ucsb.edu
Physics Department, University of California Santa Barbara,

Temporary Address:                 voice: 914-945-2829
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center     fax: 914-945-4506
P. O. Box 218
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598 USA    e-mail: ashish@watson.ibm.com