[ltp] TP600E and RH6.1

Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:17:13 -0400

Has anyone figured out how to get the sound working on this machine with
RH6.1?
sndconfig says: Chip 4610/11 found. Use ALSA.

I tried to use ALSA, but with fatal results.
<<

I manually set up conf.modules in the same way that the RH 6.0 version of
sndconfig does, and that works just fine.

==============
alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
pre-install pcmcia_core /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia start
alias sound cs4232
pre-install sound insmod sound dmabuf=1
alias midi opl3
options opl3 io=0x388
options cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9

-- Keith

Keith Frechette
Linux Development Lead, Mobile Computing Options and Software Development
IBM Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
kfrechet@us.ibm.com / 919-543-3761 / TieLine:441-3761