[ltp] Newbie on the list..

Tue, 12 Oct 1999 18:16:26 -0400 (EDT)

Jake, I also have a

> ThinkPad 760cd 40Meg Ram 1.2 G hard drive.

but used RedHat5.2. HD was partitioned
250MB - dos; 50MB - swap; 900MB - /

I put SOffice on and it worked a charm with no obvious reduction in speed.
Perhaps you're overpartitioning??? SO dealt with .doc and .xls files
pretty well although if you need to use graphs and swap your files between
Linux and Win, you may be in for a long night.

Not that this'll encourage you but I have removed RedHat until I can find
some more HD space (that comes after more $).

Best of luck,
Ian